Home Loan Pre Approval
Loan Pre Approval
Obtaining a home loan pre approval prior to going out and purchasing a property can speed up the normally lengthy process which involves several procedures. It takes a lot of time and effort searching for the right home in the best location possible.
Furthermore, the wide choice of financing options makes it difficult to select the right lender at the last moment to finance a home purchase.
Lenders also require extensive documentation as proof of income and ability to repay a home loan. For this reason, a pre approval home loan confirmation is important in getting this lengthy process out of the way. This allows a home buyer to concentrate on finding a suitable home, with the confidence that the desired level of financing will be secured.
- Your employment history
- Your debts and other liabilities
- All your assets and properties
- Whether you are constructing or buying a home
- Your credit history with other lenders
verify your credit worthiness. These will include:
- Proof of income, such as pay slips and bank statements
- Proof of mortgage down payment which will include bank statements showing sufficient funds to complete your purchase
- Price range of desired property
- Details of your expenditure, such as credit card bills, loan repayments, and monthly expenses
The relevant documentation will be presented together with a duly completed application. Credit checks and other verification measures will then be done before your application is conditionally approved. This will include cross checking employment details with your employer, and confirming your credit history with credit reporting agencies.
Lenders will also undertake other checks to ensure that your financial stability is not affected by changes in your life or employment. Such changes include reduced work hours, an impending job change, or a new baby.
These checks are mandatory before getting conditionally approved. It is important to note that financing will only be released once a suitable home is found, and the loan is un conditionally approved.
The research will involve:
- Deciding how much you want to spend on a home
- Assessing the property market, including locations and prices
- Determining your borrowing capacity through your mortgage broker
- Working out affordable monthly installments required to repay the loan
- Using a mortgage broker to advise you on all aspects of the home buying process
- Checking different types of mortgages from different financial institutions
Once you have determined your borrowing capacity and payment ability, the loan pre-approval can then be sought. You may then begin searching for an appropriate home, once pre approval is granted.
A private sale, rather than a public auction, allows you to set certain purchase conditions. Your offer may for example be subject to full loan approval, and building and pest inspection conditions. A solicitor or conveyancer will be in a better position to offer advice on these matters.
Any conditions set prior to purchase must have an expiry date. They should take into consideration the duration required for the loan approval. This can be confirmed beforehand with the mortgage institution.
Auctions on the other hand, require a deposit and ready financing available immediately the offer is accepted. Offers made before the auction must also meet this condition. A formal loan approval from the bank must be secured before you can bid at an auction. Furthermore, you will not be able to set any conditions of purchase at the auction. Independent legal advice should be sought before placing a bid at an auction.
- it gives you confidence to bargain and make offers
- it clarifies exactly how much you can spend on a home
- it is valid for 3 months
- it is free of charge
- it prevents disappointment, in case the lender approves a lower amount than was expected
- it indicates seriousness to a real estate broker, who will then be willing to spend time finding a home for you.
Application May Be Rejected
- A poor credit rating: This may be caused by previous loan defaults, high debt levels, among other reasons.
- Lack of proper paperwork to accurately document your income. This especially affects self-employed persons or contractors who have no pay slips, or employment contracts that clearly stipulate their income.
- Too many credit enquiries on your credit report. This can be caused by numerous loan applications, which will lower your credit score.
- Recent changes in your life that may affect your financial stability, such as employment changes or a new baby.
- Policy changes by the lender, which alter the lending criteria. However, certain lenders will honour any pre approval lodged before changes in lending policy take effect.
- A recent increase in interest rates. This will decrease the maximum amount that can be borrowed. Higher rates will balloon the total interest paid, as well as monthly installments. This may adversely affect your ability to service the loan.
Securing mortgage pre-approval from a lender is an important step in ensuring a smoother and more efficient home purchasing process. It separates the financing process from the home purchasing process, allowing you to tackle both much more easily. Obtaining a home loan pre approval in advance will also speed up your home acquisition, ensuring you do not miss out on a dream home.
Areas We Service
Baulkham Hills Bella Vista Winston Hills Lalor Park Kellyville Kings Langley Glenwood North Rocks Seven Hills West Pennant Hills Northmead Parklea Acacia Gardens Stanhope Gardens
Toongabbie Beaumont Hills GlenhavenKings Park Cherrybrook Blacktown Marayong Constitution Hill North Parramatta Kellyville Ridge Girraween Pendle Hill Round Corner Westmead Bungarribee Wentworthville Oatlands Beecroft The Ponds Carlingford Pennant Hills Woodcroft Telopea Quakers Hill Prospect Dundas Cheltenham Thornleigh Dural Westleigh Mays Hill Epping Doonside Rouse Hill Colebee Camellia North Epping Rydalmere Dean Park Arndell Park Glendenning Eastwood Normanhurst Kenthurst Denistone Schofields
Postcodes We Service
2153 2147 2155 2147 2768 2151 2125 2152 2763 2146 2156 2148 2126 2145 2151 2158 2767 2117 2119 2769 2118 2120 2763 2121 2761 2142 2116 2122 2076 2114 2762